Monday, August 15, 2011

Kate Gosselin single and very happy on her Own

Her show has been canceled and her marriage collapsed in 2009, but Kate Gosselin does not seem remorseful about his tumultuous last few years. 
 
"I know that I'm glad to be divorced and on my own," she says, addressing ex husband Jon Gosselin, 34, in a clip from an episode of Kate + 8, which airs Monday night on TLC; the show's final episode will air Sept. 12.

"I wouldn't change my marriage because I have eight awesome kids that I would not change," Kate, 36, says on Monday night's episode. "But people change and they're not who you thought they were and if they're not for you, move on. And I have."

She has no problem seeing her ex move on as well.

"I don't care if his girlfriends change weekly, yearly, monthly," Kate says in the clip. "I don't give it a second thought … more power to him."

Laughing at the thought of possessing any "jealousy" over Jon's current love life, Kate explains that her interactions with him are rare.

"Unless I have to deal with him with the kids, I don't [deal with him], which is good because it keeps the peace," she says. "I've always emailed, called or texted, whatever – just about the kids, the best for the kids."

But backing up what she told people in June, Kate says her ex has at least made positive changes in his life since when they split.

"He's working now, so he's definitely distracted elsewhere, which is good," she continues in the clip. "And he's kept to his two weekends a month. And the kids come home happy, and that's good."