Sunday, June 12, 2011

Shawn Marion "I'm a champion..."

Marion: I'm excited. This is what it is. Twelve years ago, and man, I'm a champion. Nobody can take that away from me. We were here and all the doubters, all the enemies, and we go there and took it. We have done the right way: with class, dignity and basketball, and a great team. And I love these people. We were here. I came here two years ago to win a championship, and we did, and that is what it is.

Q: Shawn Marion, when you start to think it was possible that you can do this?
Marion: Once you got rolling in the playoffs. In the first round, it seemed like we just click and simply had no prisoners. All were in another, and we did it right.

Q: Was there ever a doubt that had a lead entering the fourth quarter, the way they closed quarters?
Marion: No, were legitimate. We were determined to win, and that is what it is.

Q: "So many guys from this team have been close, but did not get a trophy. What do you like?
Marion: Okay. It has so many people who were here. Everyone had the advantage over a long period. We started the playoffs with an empty stomach, now complete. He is full and it will get stronger.