Sunday, June 12, 2011

Catherine Bell ; LAST MAN STANDING and ARMY WIVES Exclusive Interview


Best known for his work as the stubbornness of the Advocate Corps Lt. Sarah Mackenzie on JAG series of dramatic action, Catherine Bell Army Wives star now, the television with the best mark in the history of life. A drama of an hour together, completing his fifth season June 12 with a season six on order, the series captures the struggles, dreams and friendships of a diverse group of women - and one man - living with their spouses and their families in an active military base. Catherine Bell can also be the star man's action-thriller telefilm isolated past, life in the first place on June 6, produced by the actress written by her husband, she tells the story of a happy wife and suburban mother who is forced to reveal his dark past as a military officer trained special ops when her husband (played by Anthony Michael Hall) is mysteriously abducted.

In a recent telephone interview exclusive with Collider, actress Catherine Bell spoke as Last Man Standing was born, because she enjoys playing the roles of physical action, she loves being a part of Army Wives a huge success that made her want to enter in production, as he expects to be able to make a movie JAG, one day, and she would like to make a science fiction movie. Know what she had to say after the jump:

Question: How Last Man Standing happen? Was it something you and your husband together developed and brought to life, or that they come to you with the idea?

Catherine Bell: We went to them with the idea, actually. It all started with my husband sitting on the couch one day and he said: "What do you think of playing a bodyguard of the woman" And I said, "Yes, it's great" He knows that I love action and I really wanted to go back for my action hero roots, which I had not done much at times. And then we started talking, and he and. his writing partner, Jolene Rice, worked hard, and were lifelong and everyone loved the idea, which was amazing They said: "What you have Gale Anne Hurd, executive producer, to help develop the script for you if it's really great? "And Adam [Beason] and I were like, 'Yes, Oh my God! We love it. We're big fans of Aliens, Terminator and The Walking Dead." Then she climbed aboard and we spent a year and a half to two years developing the script with his life e.

So this role was written specifically to suit you and your strengths?

BELL: Yes, absolutely. Adam knew that I liked and did martial arts. I even had to do some of my own stunt driving. I love racing cars. Everything was custom made for me.

What is the movie and who is the woman you play?





BELL: Well, on the surface, Abby Collins seems to be a suburban soccer mom and have a good life with her husband and son. She is a PTA mother, and the whole. All we know is that she was in the army, and was, perhaps, a computer analyst or a tech-savvy. And a former member of his unit is found dead, and the same night, the husband is kidnapped. The kidnappers to contact her and tell her that if she wants to see him alive, she must do exactly what they want. Thus, it appears that she has a secret past, Special Operations, and all that kicking around, as she spent the next three hours trying to save her husband and protect her daughter.

When you think of movies for life, you expect to be about love and romance, but it is an action thriller. Does this film appeal to the public that are not normally given to films to life?

BELL: Sure. I think this is very different for everyone and I'm really excited about it. Glad I got to be a part of it, because it looks a lot like a movie Bourne Identity. So I think people who normally attend Life will benefit, because it is a woman who did all this, and because I have a family and I protect my family. There are a lot of heart. It's a great story with characters in action. I'm delighted. Gale Anne Hurd has been very involved throughout the process from beginning to end. She has worked with the editor and the crowd. He did very well. Sounds like a movie, when you're watching. With the lighting, staging, action and fight sequences, you're like, 'Wow, this is really cool! "So we're all very excited about it.

How was working with Anthony Michael Hall at a time and Mekhi Phifer?

BELL: Both are very large. We actually had a great time. Anthony Michael Hall is probably the most stupid. It's silly and fun. He did this for a long time and he's a professional. Mekhi is a serious actor. It is a true professional, who comes and wants to talk about dialogue and character. But at the same time, we all had a good time and be really stupid. Maybe it was the end of nights we worked. We worked all night in Detroit during the winter.

Ernest Dickerson did an excellent job in television and film. How was he as a director?


BELL: Oh my god, Ernest was amazing! Gale said she brought him on board. He had just made a couple of episodes of The Walking Dead for her. It was phenomenal. It's a relaxed guy. It's very zen. Never been pointed out, no matter what happened, how we got back, or fast, we had to shoot. It was just cool and relaxed, took his time and made sure we got what we needed to get.

Having been one of the action sequences very nice to you?

BELL: It was a blast! I really want to do an action. Maybe it's just because I'm a tomboy and I love it all. The behavior was very fun. We left before the shooting and the stunt coordinator showed me how to do a reverse 180, where I'm basically in the opposite direction as fast as I could then turn the steering wheel, brake, put the unit, then move on. Learn how to do things like that was great. It was very, very cool. And then, I had many fights before, but it was good to do it again in a movie where some scenes had to fight several people in certain situations, and make one big battle sequence at the end. I like the choreography of it, and get really good to make it seem realistic. But it is a challenge. It's exhausting. I got whiplash just been tossed around. You're so bad, the adrenaline in your body. I like it because I'm very active physically, but I can imagine that some players would get there and go, "Why am I not doing a little period film somewhere?"

What can you say about the final coming of Army Wives and series fans can expect from it?


BELL: There are many things happening at the end. Individually, each of us has different scenarios more. And then, as a group, we have the kind of news is shocking and will affect us all in different ways, and forces each of us to make some decisions about our lives. We finished the show to ask where our future takes us. This is another good final Army Wives makes you go "Oh, now I have to wait six months to know what happened!"

What attracted you to the original show, and more specifically to your character?

BELL: For me, I was looking for something very different from what I had just spent nine years to do with JAG. I wanted something different. It is a military theme, so people think I'm doing something similar but in reality could not be farther from each other. The character, Denise Sherwood, has changed over the years and become stronger. Everything becomes a woman who learned his strength over the years has been definitely appealing to me. I knew she was not going to stay humble. I really do not want to play a sweetheart for many years in a show, so it's nice to go through this journey with her and see it grow and mature. And the writing is just phenomenal. We have the best writers and very deep, rich, beautiful stories and characters, which is really what they always do.

Catherine_Bell_Army_WivesIn a climate where the concert was really struggling to get a pilot in the air, then the struggle to move beyond its first season, it is gratifying to hear that you the fans, the fifth season that the show is so strong that I feel is the best season yet?

BELL: Oh, it's very rewarding! We were all talking about the game, completely dominated. How often that happens in season five is the highest rating, no? This is one of the best texts and work. It is very gratifying.

Now that you learned about your character in five seasons, what do you like best about it, and there's nothing about him that you wish you could change?

BELL: That's interesting. She is in constant evolution. He is still going through things. She has a good balance. It's a good mother and she is a great woman. She tries to find a balance between having a new baby and get back to work. I think she did what we all do when we have to balance work and family and everything. We're just trying to keep together and keep it all, the best we can.

What difference do you think is now what it was when you signed up for your game? It's now all you can consider?

BELL: No, no. I never would have imagined that she would have started to ride a bike and got a tattoo. It's more like me.

What part of this development was a collaborative process, and how things were just completely surprised you?

BELL: A lot of collaboration, which was, in fact. I ride motorcycles, so the writer / creator of the show said: "It's pretty cool. I want to put in that" The tattoo thing was funny. I wanted a tattoo of the name of my daughter, and thought of giving my character. We decided to do the same tattoo, I would not have to cover. On the show, we said it means "beautiful mistake", but it is actually the name of my daughter. And I wanted to get pregnant and talked with the producers and they said 'Yeah, c'mon! It would be great. Let's write "Then I got pregnant, and my character is pregnant too. We are becoming more alike. It is very wild.

With Season 6 already ordered, there is nothing that you expect your character will be an opportunity to do or go through what she could not yet?

BELL: Well, I know she is back to work, and I think it has always been important to her. She is a nurse and technician, and wants to help people. It is important to continue the healing process of losing her son in Afghanistan, certainly. I'm sure it will be postponed to next year with its continuing to heal and live your life. I do not know what will happen. Writers are always great fun for me with amazing scenery. No more death, however. I can not cry. It's brutal. I'm so tired of crying.

You're a beautiful woman, with a successful career and happy family. How difficult is finding a balance and be able to do everything?

BELL: It's very intense. There are certainly days when I'm like, 'Wow, how am I doing this? " But I did. Each of us, if you have a regular basis from September to May of employment or work crazy as mine, which takes you everywhere. Some days I have off, and other days I work 19 or 20 hours. You just have to deal with. I think I'm still trying to find ways to improve, and ways to decrease stress and ways to spend more time with my children, or spend time alone, if that's what I need, or my husband. I just continue to balance everything. It is not easy.

Being a strong woman even, it is important for you to play roles that are also strong women?

BELL: Yes In the first season of Army Wives, I wanted to make sure that a woman would not be weak for a long time, and assured me that it would quickly get up to your child and really transform your life. I felt it was important. Seeing people change like this is a great lesson. I always liked to play roles that are somewhat inspiring. And maybe it is a terrible character. That does not mean I have to play just good people all the time. I played a lot of very strong woman, capable, but I think it would be much fun playing a crazy drug addict or something. But even with that, the story should make sense. Can not be, "Is not it great? We make the drugs and theft. Life is great!" It should be like, "Wow, look at where life can continue, if you let go this way?"

What made you decide to go into production? This is something you want to do, then you can have more control over the development of roles that you want to do?

BELL: No. I always wanted to do. I got my name from the production for years, although I did not really do anything with it immediately. For me, I always thought it was a businesswoman. My creative side, but I also have this sense of business. The production is very similar to running a business, where you will find the project you will find the people involved, you put these elements together and you make sure that work well together. And the creation of my own role as an actor, is great. You are so thank you to anyone else, and you're waiting for a job. It's just a terrible way to live, so I decided to take matters into their own hands and find my own projects and create me, and then do something else that people can throw my way. There is no sitting and waiting.

Are you surprised that JAG is still beloved by fans who are always going to make you a movie and team again with David James Elliot again?

BELL: It's so sweet. I hear it all the time. Twitter and Facebook, people are constantly asking me for a meeting of JAG, and I love it. Actually, my husband has a great idea for a movie JAG, we talked with Don Bellisario subject. He was busy with other projects, but never say never. This can certainly happen one day.

Is there a dream role that you really enjoy doing but have not had a chance to do yet?

BELL: There are probably a couple. I do love action and suspense. My husband and I are working on a project that is a kind of Sigourney Weaver in the movie Alien. It is very futuristic and science fiction, and put in the B ring of Saturn, 200 years into the future. We raised a little money on a site for fundraising, www.Kickstarter.com, making storyboards and build a model ship and use it to raise money for the film. It's one thing I do - really sci-fi/action complete. I also do a comedy. It would be great! I have to do a little of it in the Almighty, and I did a few episodes here and there about women JAG and Army, where I started to have fun and be funny, and people are always surprised I see a funny side, because I'm usually so intense, strong and dramatic. But, I do something really stupid and funny.

You know what to do now, now that the series takes a break?

Bell: I just discovered. We could make another movie Good Witch. We talked about it. These are the movies I do for Hallmark did four, which are also very popular. People seem to like them, so I can make one of these. I'm looking for and meeting with people. I have another characteristic. Bruce Almighty and Evan Almighty was great. I'm too busy working on television, so a movie would be fun to balance. I look at things now, so let's see. I have five or six months out, so I have a little time.

Last position of the first man in life, Monday, June 6th Army Wives Season 5 is alive June 12